The demand for food-grade collagen is continuing to grow year-on-year.
We've worked with several companies in recent times developing collagen extraction processes from sustainable sources to help meet this need.
While the specifics of each method of collagen extraction will be different, a general process is:
- Pre-processing: Depending on the source being used, a colloid mill may be needed to reduce solids down to the required particle size for further processing.
- Cooling: We'll design a heat exchange system, including a chilled water package, designed to cool your product to your exact requirements, and store it at the correct temperature.
- Processing: Methods will vary, but we can provide a solution for your specific processing methods.
- Heat treatment: Taking the collagen source and processing method into account, we design the heat treatment specifically to achieve the correct temperature and holding time. This will also include a hot water boiler and control system.
- Clarifying: We have a range of centrifuge options to clarify/separate unwanted solids from your product.
- Drying: After the product has been processed and treated, we design a drying system to turn the product into a powder.
- Packaging: We can supply a range of packaging machines specifically built to cater to your product requirements.
Optional Features: Please ask us for more information about heat recovery options during heat treatment and cooling, as well as water-saving CIP (clean in place) solutions.
For more information about how we can help you with collagen extraction, please leave us a message or give us a call.
Our highly skilled process engineers are always available to answer your questions.
You can contact us through 06 777 5300 or complete our simple form.